Tony Muggs of the bands The Muggs and Dude joins Seth and Becky on the podcast to talk about what's happening this week, including Kid Rock's latest controversy and Dave Coulier's return to town.
Plus, Nick Britsky of NickDrinks.com celebrates International Canned Cocktail Day, and William Smith of the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy talks about the first ever Smoke on the River festival.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of September 9, 2019:
- Thursday 9/12: Massive Attack at The Masonic Temple
- Thursday 9/12: Black Milk at El Club
- Friday 9/13: Alabama at the Fox Theatre
- Friday 9/13: Adam Ant at the Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Friday 9/13: Morrissey at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre
- Saturday 9/14: The B-52's at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre
- Monday 9/14 and Tuesday 9/17: Patti Smith at the Royal Oak Music Theatre
Dude, “Blue Canary”
Food & Drink
Friday 9/13: Batch Brauerei at Batch Brewing Company.
- Saturday 9/14 & Monday 9/15: Barktoberfest at Memorial Park in Royal Oak.
- Check out the Oktoberfest parties at Dakota Inn Rathskeller.
- Melody Baetens of the Detroit News highlights the best lunches in downtown Detroit for under $11.
- Friday 9/13: Tony & Tina's Wedding at the Andiamo Showroom
- Frday 9/13 & Saturday 9/14: Three Stooges Film Festival at the Redford Theatre
- Saturday 9/14: Russell Peters at the Fox Theatre
- Saturday 9/14: Ron White at The Fillmore
- Cats ends its run at the Fisher Theatre this weekend.
- Jim McFarlin remembers Hour Detroit editor Steve Wilke.
- Saturday 9/28: Smoke on the River in West Riverfront Park
- Becky: Thank You to Our Heroes at the Foundation Hotel on 9/11
- Seth: The yam cocktail at The Oakland in Ferndale
- Tony: The Beggars