Ang Adamiak, Executive Director of Arts & Scraps, joins Seth and Becky on the podcast to talk about what's happening in Detroit this week, including the announcement of the Jazz Festival lineup, the new Stark Trek exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum, and the future of the Heidelberg Project.
Also, comedian Tom McCarthy talks about the Comedy Castle Podcast.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of May 13th, 2019:
- Friday 5/17 & Saturday 5/18: Jason Marsalis at the Dirty Dog Jazz Cafe
- Friday 5/17: John Waite at the Token Lounge in Westland
- Saturday 5/18: 2 Chainz at the Fox Theatre
- Sunday 5/19: Slayer opening up DTE Energy Music Theatre – Lamb of God, Cannibal Corpse
- Wednesday 5/22: Walk of the Earth at The Filmore
Food & Drink
- Thursday 5/16: After Hourse at The Detroit Zoo
- The Mutiny Bar in Southwest Detroit was named one of the best Tiki Bars in America by the Food Network.
- The Noble Fish in Clawson has expanded.
- Wednesday 5/15: Gretchen Rubin at The Majestic Theatre
- Thursday 5/16: Joey Diaz at The Sound Board
- Friday 5/17: Jim Jeffries at The Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Friday 5/17 – 5/9: The Motor City Comic Con at the Suburban Collection Showplace
- Saturday 5/18: Patton Oswalt at The Fillmore
- Saturday 5/18: Citizen Kane is showing at The Redford Theatre
- Sunday 5/19: The Joe Budden podcast at The Fillmore
- Sunday 5/19: Roseann Barr at The Fox Theatre (Detroit's Joel Fragomeni opening)
- Sunday 5/19: Liza Treyger at The Shipping Company (Detroit's Sam Rager opening)
- Monday 5/20: Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson at The Fox Theatre
- The Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds exhibit opens this weekend at The Henry Ford Museum
- Becky's Shoutout: The Monarch Club
- Seth's Shoutout: The Inside Out Program from the DIA
- Ang's Shoutout: Lucki's Cheesecakes
- Read The New York Times‘ article about Tyree Guyton and The Heidelberg Project.
- Favorite Museum: The Motown Museum
- Favorite Detroit Artist: Malt
- Favorite Monument: James Scott Memorial Fountain on Belle Isle
- Favorite Neighborhoods: Lasalle Gardens and Livernois and Sixth
- Detroiter Everyone Should Know: Charles Lang Freer
- First Place She Takes Out-of-Town Visitors: Campus Martius
- Favorite Trivia Fact: Detroit has the only floating post office in the world.
Official statement regarding Loqueesha… pic.twitter.com/4qBeYfBEoA
— San Luis Obispo International Film Festival (@SloFilmFest) May 13, 2019