Just in time for the Detroit Jazz Festival, Mark Stryker, author of the new book Jazz From Detroit and the former arts critic and reporter for the Detroit Free Press, joins Seth and Becky to talk about the unique history of jazz in the Motor City.
- Detroiter Everybody Should Know: Elvin Jones
- Favorite Records Shops: Dearborn Music, Street Corner Music in Oak Park, Encore Records in Ann Arbor, Hello Records and People's Records in Detroit, Found Sound in Ferndale, UHF in Royal Oak
- Favorite Radio Stations: 101.9 WDET, 89.1 WEMU, 90.9WRCJ
- Favorite Other Musical Style: Contemporary Classical Music
- Lunch with Any Detroiters: Hank, Thad, and Elvin Jones