Detroit magician Jasen Magic joins Seth and Becky as they record the podcast in front of a live audience at B. Nektar Meadery in Ferndale. B. Nektar Taproom GM Miranda Johnson offers a taste of several meads and ciders. And Mary Stallworth of Geisha Girls Pop-Up Sushi talks about her unique style of American sushi.
Here's what's happening in metro Detroit for the week of January 14th, 2019:
- Saturday 1/19: G. Love & Special Sauce at Saint Andrews Hall
- Saturday 1/19: Scream Out the Silence: Benefit Concert for Suicide Awareness at The Old Miami
- Saturday 1/19: Jes Gru After Glow reunion show at The Loving Touch in Ferndale
- Sunday 1/20: Michigan Philharmonic presents “Miniature Masterpieces” at The Inn at St. John's in Plymouth
- Big Tommy's in Novi: Comedian Mike Bonner
- Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in Royal Oak: David Koechner
- Wednesday 1/16: Punch Line Comedy Lounge in Southfield: Broasted Comedy Roast Battle hosted by Heather Jay
- Friday 1/18 & Saturday 1/19: Midnight screenings of The Room with Q&A from writer/director Tommy Wiseau at the Main Art Theatre in Royal Oak
- 1/18 – 1/27: Michigan Central Station Winter Festival
- 1/18 – 1/27: 2019 Geico U.S. Figure Skating Championships
- 1/19 – 1/27: The 31st Annual North American International Auto Show is open to the public
- 1/24 – 1/27: House of VANS Pop Up at Jefferson School
- Sunday 1/20: Matrix Human Services' Football Fundraiser
- Monday 1/21: Free admission for Martin Luther King Jr. Day at the Henry Ford Museum
- Monday 1/21: The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History has a day full of events for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Food & Drink
- Hopcat has changed the name of its french fried from “Crack Fries” to “Cosmik Fries” in honor of the Frank Zappa song “Cosmik Debris.”
- The restaurant formerly known as the Huron Room and Fist of Curry will become Peso.
- The Iron Ridge Marketplace is coming to Ferndale.