Nya Marshall, owner of Ivy Kitchen and Cocktails, talks about how her career took an unexpected turn and she became a restauranteur.
- Favorite Spot as a Kid: Alabama Style Chicken
- Detroiter She Would Name a Cocktail After: Aretha Franklin
- Place for a Romantic Date: Evening Bar in the Shinola Hotel
- Specialty Food Shops: Devries & Co. 1887 and Cost Plus Wine Warehouse in Eastern Market
- Motown Song: “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- “Lust or Love” by Tony Millions
- Hear more local music on our Spotify playlist.
- Want your music featured on the podcast? Submit a song here.