Tony Roko, the artist behind the Atwater Beer labels and many of the works in the Foundation Hotel, talks to Seth and Becky about how he was discovered working in a Ford plant, painting works for Jay Leno and Lady Gaga, and the plans to transform the Plymouth Mill into an art space.
Greg Hoffman, the Executive Director of the Art Foundation, joins the conversation, joins him for the conversation.
- Favorite Spot as a Kid: Eastern Market
- Favorite Mural: “The Chimera” on Russell Industrial Center's Building #2 by Kobie Solomon
- Favorite Monument: The Fist (The Monument to Joe Louis) by Robert Graham and Rolf Kriken
- Musical Artist: Johnny “Bee” Badanjek
- Favorite Place for a Romantic Date: Flowers of Vietnam
- Detroiter Everyone Should Know: Artist Charles McGee
- Place He'd Go on His Last Day in Detroit: The Atrium on Belle Isle